What to do After Reinstating Google My Business?
YES!! Your GMB is Finally Reinstated! Now What?
Find out why your GMB got suspended in the first place, and what you should do next? Learn the best practices After Reinstating Google My Business in the details below!
Schedule a call with Mac Frederick, Google Local SEO Expert.
If you get suspended it’s probably for one of these reasons listed by GMB Support.
According to this GMB Search Engine Journal study, if your GMB listing gets suspended, most likely you did something that looks suspicious, spammy or you broke the Google My Business Terms of Service. Google suspends listings for a variety of reasons – especially if you are violating Google My Business Guidelines listed in the link above.
What to do after Reinstating Your GMB? (Process)
After Reinstating Google My Business — Follow this Process
- Review confirmation email from Google about Reinstatement
- Read their resources about guidelines and next steps
- Log into your GMB and review all your information
- Was anything changed or removed from your GMB?
- Was your name changed? Did you lose reviews or content?
- DO NOT make any changes for a few days after getting reinstated
- Especially in NAP, Title, Description or Categories.
- DO NOT use any special characters or illegal words in your GMB profile
- Review and Follow the Google Guidelines
- Review all other listings across the internet
- Yelp, Bing, Apple Maps, Facebook, etc
- If you need to make changes let us know
- We provide a 30-day warranty and can make GMB changes for you
- Decide if you want to grow your business
- Your rankings will be decreased and you will need to work very hard to get back to where you once ranked on Google.
HERE are some GMB Best Practices to Follow
Follow these GMB Best Practices After Reinstating Google My Business.
- Don’t accept public edits
- Please don’t make any changes for a few days especially in title, Description or Categories, if need send me & I’ll update for you.
- Don’t use any special characters or illegal words in your GMB profile here the Google Guidelines to follow.
- Don’t add company type in title e.g LLC, PVT, LTD or any Trademark in Title
- Don’t Add special characters in business title
- Don’t Make the Capitalize the title except the first Word.
- Don’t add an address line if it’s a service area based business and does not require customers to visit your store front.
- Don’t add too many irrelevant categories then primary category.
Frequently Asked GMB Questions After Reinstatement?
Review this FAQ and comment below or call/email us with further questions.
- What should I not change on my GMB Listing?
- After being fixed and reinstated do NOT immediately change anything vital in the NAP – Name, Address or Phone Number
- Should I accept Public Edits and Suggestions?
- NO, Don’t accept public edits
- The public can add suggestions and edits to your listing for you to accept, do not accept them.
Address Issues that violate Google’s policies?
- P.O. Box, virtual address, FedEx/UPS Store boxes
- Forwarding URL
- Forwarding phone number
- Multiple listings for the same business/location
- The listing is for an online-only business
- You do not have the authority to claim that the address listed belongs to your business
- Changing to a service area with hidden address (after operating with a visible address)
- Management change or ownership transfer, especially when login locations change
Why You Should Hire Momentum Digital?
After Reinstating Google My Business you should think about hiring Momentum Digital for the following reasons.
- Safety and security of Your GMB Listing
- We help grow your listing to rank higher on Google
- We manage Your GMB for you so you dont have to worry
- Focus on running your business while we focus on your SEO
- Our team will manage your GMB posts, reviews, photos, keywords, etc
- We can optimize your website and local listings
- We have a trained and certified team as a Google Premier Partner
- We can also rebuild your website with SEO
- We can also run and manage your ads and PPC budget
- We focus on making your business and life easier so you can sit back and make money
Thanks for working with Momentum Digital and considering us for future projects!