How to Create Facebook Marketplace Ads
Learn How to Create Facebook Marketplace Ads in just a few steps!
What is Facebook Marketplace & Facebook Marketplace Ads?
Facebook Marketplace is a platform on Facebook for people to discover, buy and sell items. People can find what they’re looking for by filtering their results by location, category, and price. By listing on FB Marketplace, you can reach buyers where they already are. You can find buy and sell products AND services on the marketplace. This can be anything you would see for sale on sites like Craigslist, eBay, OfferUp and more.
Why FB Marketplace Ads?
Getting Started with ManyChat for Your Business!
Facebook Marketplace is a place to discover and purchase items, but listing an item for sale isn’t the same as creating a paid ad to appear when people shop on Marketplace. You can help your business reach more people where they’re shopping when you create an ad for Marketplace.
Here’s what it means to advertise on Marketplace:
- You’ll use the Ads Manager tool to design and create your ad. You’ll set your own budget for your ads.
- You can also boost your listings in FB Marketplace which we will cover below.
- Then you’ll select your ad placement. We recommend you choose Automatic Placements for your ad, which allows it to appear on Marketplace, if it’s compatible with your settings, and all other compatible placements on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and Audience Network.
- People can see your ad when they use the Facebook app on their phones to shop on Marketplace. Your ad appears with other relevant products and services on Marketplace so customers interested in your business can click to your website, app, or view details in Marketplace for more information.
Ads in Marketplace will also show in News Feed. It’s not currently possible for an ad to show only in Marketplace.
All ads in Marketplace must comply with our advertising policies.
Ads in Marketplace will show a Sponsored label. Here’s an example of how an ad appears on Marketplace.
Steps to Promoting Ads on Facebook Marketplace
Want to learn How to Create Facebook Marketplace Ads? Follow these steps!
1. Create a Facebook profile or account
You will need a Facebook profile and account. Create one quickly and easily for free.
2. Navigate to the Marketplace Tab in Facebook
Check out the Facebook Marketplace link here
3. Click on Sell and upload or take photos for the listing
You can choose to search for products and services OR you can choose “selling” to list something for sale. You’ll need to upload pictures and information here.
4. Add a Title and Price
Choose a relevant title for your listing to attract buyers. Then you’ll want to add a price. Typically price the item reasonably as people will low ball you and make counter offers.
5. Add details, descriptions, and information about what you’re selling.
Next, you will add a lot of relevant information about the product or service. Facebook has you choose a category and sub-category. From there FB will prompt you with other unique identifiers and questions about that product or service. This could include colors, sizes, conditions, and mores.
6. Add Additional Information in the Description
This is where you can write out a description. Include other unique aspects about your listing that people might want to know. Tell them how you got this item, why they will want it, how they can get it, and why it’s unique.
7. Input details on shipping vs local pickup or dropoff
Facebook will prompt you to tell buyers if this is a shipped item, or if you will be dropping it off to them, meeting them somewhere, or if they have to pick it up from you. This changes per product or service.
8. Post the publish the listing
Click publish to list the item. You can also choose to have this listed in certain groups and channels you are a member of or subscribed to in Facebook.
9. Navigate to the listing to boost or promote it
Next you will have the chance to review the listing. Here you might be given an option to “boost” or “promote” the listing. This is the quick and easy way of advertising your listing instead of going through and using a Facebook Ads Manager account and going through that complicated process.
10. Choose a daily budget and timeline
This is easy and self explanatory. When setting up your ad you choose how much you want to spend per day OR you can change the campaign settings to a lifetime budget for an amount to spend total. Keep an eye on this because you dont want the ads to keep running forever.
11. Add in credit or debit card for billing information
To launch and approve the ads you will need a card on file. If you already have an ads account you can choose to run the ads and from a certain account that already has a billing setup. However if you dont have an ads or billing account you can just use your profile which is the shortcut way of adding billing info to get the ads running.
12. Confirm and approve the ad
That was the final step so now you can review and approve the ads. Make sure to review the listing itself, the price and timeline, and the ad settings and billing. Then you can click to approve and get the ads launched.
That’s how you can Create Facebook Marketplace Ads in just a few minutes.
Facebook Marketplace Ads Review and Reporting
When you Create Facebook Marketplace Ads you can then check on your reporting and analytics. Follow these steps.
- Go to Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/
- Navigate to Marketplace = https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/
- Navigate to “Your Account” https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/you/selling
- Navigate to “Promotions” https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/you/promotions
- Choose Promotions and Listings to review the data for each listing.