How to Find Facebook Lead Form Submissions
In this week’s blog we will talk about how Facebook leads can help you collect form submissions that will increase traffic and notoriety to your business!
Facebook, as a platform, has incredible marketing potential to adapt to any business model, no matter the shape or size!
With 2.4 billion active monthly users, according to Statistica.com, it has a vast audience in which to target and garner feedback through.
Understanding Facebook Leads, and how to gain leads, find them, and use them for your business, is fundamentally important to attracting new customers and conversions for your business!
Read more to learn about how to find and use Facebook Lead forms.
What is a Facebook Lead Form?
Facebook lead forms are found on Facebook Lead ads. Lead ads can be used to collect sign-ups for newsletters, price estimates and business information, making them a great way to identify potential customers and share relevant information with them in the future.
Lead ads allow you to collect a variety of information from potential clients such as names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
It also gives you the option to ask custom questions that could benefit their experiences with your business moving forward!
How You Can Use Facebook Lead Ads and Forms
So, how can you take advantage of Facebook lead ads?
Facebook’s lead ads can help you meet your business goals if you want to:
- Get in touch with new customers
- Learn more about who your customers are
- Have people to sign up or register for your service
- Get people to sign up for an event, program, or mailing list
- Get people to download something, such as an ebook or template, that will provide value
The benefits of using this program is truly multi-faceted. Utilizing a Facebook lead ad allows you to keep in contact with potential or past clients by being able to send them price estimations, blogs, or new business information.
Specific tools you can employ are:
- Auto Populate Contact information. When your business’ lead form appears in someone’s feed, it will pre-populate their information based off of their Facebook contact information. This makes it easier for them to review and submit the form.
- Contact forms or “instant forms.” When people click on your lead ad, they’ll be prompted to fill out a short instant form to send you their contact info.
- Choosing which questions to ask in your instant form. You can customize the questions tailored to your business.
- Easily downloading your leads. You can download your leads directly from Facebook in order to analyze them
- Many CRM integrations. Connecting to a CRM can help you download your leads faster and take real-time action on new leads.
Sounds great, but once you set up a lead ad campaign, how can find the lead form responses within Facebook?
No problem – we are here to help. For this tutorial, we will be taking a look at the instant lead forms.
How Do You FIND Lead Form Responses
What may seem like a difficult and lengthy question, can actually be completed in a few easy steps!
Facebook has created a program to help you gather this important information after creating an original ad. However, it doesn’t send submissions directly to you.
If you would like more information on How to Create Facebook Lead Form Ads in 15 Minutes or less, read our previous blog!
You can find your submissions through two different methods.
The first way you can find your Facebook lead form responses is…
- Log into the Facebook account you wish to set up lead ads on
- Go to your Facebook Business Page
- Click on the “More” button
- Once selected, a drop down menu will appear. Select the Publishing Tools button
- You will be redirected to the Publishing Tools Page. You will see a menu bar on the left-hand side of your screen. Scroll until you locate a section labeled Lead Ads Forms
- From this section, choose Forms Library
- All of your lead forms will populate on this page. Find and select the form you would like to review the responses for
- Locate the “Leads” section of the form you’d like and click the blue Download button
- A popup will appear with two options for your download – Download New Leads or Download By Date Range
- What you choose to do is totally up to your business and your lead ad goals
- You have the option to download as a CSV or XLS file
And there you have it – you have successfully downloaded your lead’s form submission.
The second option is a little more complex, but will allow you to receive form submissions as they come in in real time.
In order to use this option, you have to have it set up ahead of time and test it to ensure that it works properly.
The second way you can find your Facebook lead form responses is…
- Create a Zapier account. This is a separate program outside of Facebook, but will be used as a third party extension to gathering Lead ad forms
- There is a free and paid version of this software
- Create a new “Zap” by selecting the red “Make a Zap” button in the top toolbar
- A Zap is a marketing automation tool where you can connect different platforms and softwares with ease for lead tracking and form submission purposes
- Choose a Trigger app for the new Zap. In this case, because we are using Facebook lead forms, find and select Facebook lead ads
- Once selected hit the “Save and Continue” button to move onto connect your Facebook account
- Connect the Facebook account and Facebook Ads account that you will be using for the lead forms to Zapier. Once complete, hit the “Save and Continue” button again
- Select the Facebook Page you will be running the lead ad from and the Lead Form you will be using
- Send a Zap from Facebook to Google Sheets to better analyze these form
- Edit the Spreadsheet template to determine which information you would like the Zap to pull in from Facebook
- Send a test to yourself to make sure that the automation is working properly
- Once working, set up any additional steps, such as sending the new lead a text or email submission confirmation
Both ways will allow you to quickly gather all of your Facebook lead form submissions which depending on your intended purpose can help you create an email list or learn more about your audience!
What This Means
Facebook lead ad forms can quickly help you attract new business. Facebook forms allow you to connect with your clients on a more person basis, asking them for input on your business and creates a connected environment they will love!
Have you used Facebook lead ad forms in the past? If so, what’s worked best for you and what hasn’t?
If you haven’t yet, what’s been stopping you and how do you think Facebook can improve these issues?
What more useful information about Facebook marketing? Check out our previous blogs:
- How to Get Free Facebook Page Likes from Facebook Ad Engagements
- What is a Facebook Pixel and How Do You Use It?
Written by Samantha Hughes.