How to Grow Instagram Followers Organically for Free Using Engagement
Getting Started with Growing Your Instagram!
When trying to grow your Instagram account you need to think about why you want to do this and have goals in mind. Growing organically on IG is no longer quick and easy because of how many daily users and how many ads run on the platform. IG is much busier and crowded than when it launch a decade ago. There are unique tactics and a lot of manual work that must be performed to even gradually grow your account organically.
First things first, though, let’s talk about getting started.
- Make sure you have an IG account or create one for free
- Determine what type of account you want and why
- Use a personal or business account
- Properly setup your account, settings, information, and more
Now it’s time to think more strategically about growing your account and why you want to grow on IG in the first place. Below we will cover How to Grow Instagram Followers Organically for free with engagement tactics!
You can also check out marketing automation tools for social media like Mobile Monkey to start increasing your reach and followers.
Setup your Instagram growth marketing strategy!
Growing your Instagram organically these days takes a lot of time and manual work. That’s why a lot of business accounts actually run paid ads and promotions to get more reach and followers. Check our our Facebook Ads information for more details.
So now let’s talk about next steps and getting started.
1. Have your account login and optimize your profile
I’d suggest setting up the proper information, profile pic, links, and contact information.
2. Update your links, profile, description, info, stories, etc.
Use a Linktree account for more links, fill out as much profile info as the characters allow you, start posting IG stories, and starting posting good content to your page.
3. Define your goal (Grow Followers? Increase Engagement? Get leads?)
Why are you using an IG account and what is your goal? Do you want to monetize your page or business, do you want to get clients, do you want to become a paid influencer? There are so many options to choose from.
4. Define your target market. (Who do you want to follow and engage with you?)
With any business or business account, you need to consider who you want to follow you and why. Are you a brand or service company? Are you local or retail? Think about the type of people who would follow you and what hashtags and accounts they might follow already.
5. Create Strategy (Hashtags, locations, other accounts to copy).
I’d next suggest creating a plan of action on how you want to use IG to find and engage with other accounts. Some popular methods involve hashtag research, location tags, followers of similar accounts, and suggested accounts.
Now Using Instagram Engagement to Grow Organically
The next steps focus purely on engagement using the IG app itself. I broke this down into detail using the YouTube video I suggest watching above.
6. Log into the account and start outreach (15-30 minutes per day)
Some typical outreach methods you can use.
- Research and save hashtags. Start commenting, direct messaging, following, and liking posts of people that use and follow these hashtags.
- Leave thoughtful written out comments and asking questions on posts of people using hashtags or locations in their posts.
- Use locations if you’re more of a local business so you directly engage with people in your area by liking, commenting and direct messaging them.
- Look up similar accounts and who follows them. Use their followers as aa target market to get low-hanging fruit because you know they might like your content as well. Like and comment on those followers posts.
- Spend up to 15-30 minutes per day doing this and be consistent but unique with it so your account doesn’t get flagged or spammed.
7. Follow up with accounts (When they follow back or message you)
- Don’t stop here at the engagement. Keep engaging with these people.
- If they like or comment or message you back, then keep it up. Message them again or keep asking questions. This will turn them info loyal followers.
- You can use this method to turn new followers into customers.
These are all suggested methods that have worked for us when trying to Grow Instagram Followers Organically for free using Engagement.