How to Create a LinkedIn Business Account and Add a New Manager
In this week’s blog, learn more about LinkedIn Business accounts.
With over 570+ million users on the platform and 260 million active monthly users, LinkedIn has an incredible network of potential clients to tap in to.
Through its specific business and career orientated environment, its users tend to be closer on the conversion ranking than any other platform! This lends itself towards both sales and building a better clientele or email list.
Having a LinkedIn business account is a great opportunity to market yourself and your business.
A business account markets your business as a company page specifically, which looks and feels different from the rest of the personal LinkedIn pages. This will immediately catch people’s eyes, resulting in them noticing your page more. It also gives credence and authority to your page as a functional business.
Read more to learn about the advantages of a LinkedIn Business Account, how to create your very own LinkedIn page, and how to add a new manager to help you run your page.
So What Exactly is a Linkedin Business Account?
A LinkedIn business account opens up a realm of advanced analytics and outreach opportunities. In using this platform, you will learn more about, and thus better target, your intended audience.
A LinkedIn Business Account allows you to share PDFs, powerpoints and word docs on your page in order to keep your connections up to date. It also allows you to associate your page with relevant trending hashtags, discover trending topics that your targeted audience may be speaking about, and boost your audience through the LinkedIn elevation option.
All of these added tools will come in handy when working to identify targeted keywords later on.
Another tool that a LinkedIn Business page offers is the ability to drive specific actions with a customizable call-to-action button. The buttons can then measure conversions through visual analytics.
And, finally, a LinkedIn Business account allows you to interact with your connections on a more significant level by sharing your employee’s best LinkedIn posts as well as member posts that mention your company!
You can also continue to share those all-important testimonials to your potential customers via LinkedIn. This helps you to build the network you already have while reaching out to a new audience through interesting, customer-driven content.
How to Create a LinkedIn Business Account
- First, log in to your LinkedIn account
- Locate the dropdown tab in the top right corner of the screen. This tab should be labeled “Work” by default
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the drop-down and find the “Create Company Page” option
- Select your company size
- Add your company information. This information includes:
- Page Identity. This is where you will insert your company name, select your company URL, and copy and paste your company website.
- Company Details. In this section, select your company’s industry, company size, and company type.
- Profile Details. Upload your company logo and create your company’s tagline.
- Verify Your Information. Lastly, before submitting the information, you will be asked to verify the information you’ve entered and confirm that you are a representative of the company.
- Review the Company Preview. As you fill out the information, a page preview will populate on the right-hand side of the screen. Monitor this preview to ensure that your profile looks the way you’d like it to.
Keep in mind: this is an important step for SEO strategies. Be careful about what you put in these company sections.
Just like that, your LinkedIn Business Account is ready to help you improve conversions and the quality of your business!
If you’re struggling or need some more guidance, you can find LinkedIn’s very own guide here.
Adding a Manager to Your LinkedIn Business Account
Adding a manager to your LinkedIn business account allows this person full access to your business’ page. This means that they can post, share, and message people from your account as well as see and measure page analytics.
As any business owner will know, it is incredibly important to delegate tasks. Adding managers to your LinkedIn business page can help you do this with ease!
In order to add a new manager simply:
- Go to “Admin Tools,” located on the right-hand side of the toolbar on your page
- Select “Page Admins” from the drop-down menu
- A list of the current page admins will populate. To add a new page admin, simply type in the name of that person in the search bar
- Once the person you’d like to add as admin appears, click on their name and they will automatically be added as a page admin
And there you have it – not only do you have a new LinkedIn business account but also a new manager to help you run it!
Get ready to start benefiting your business!
Do you already use Linkedin’s Business Account? Tell us about your experience below!
Looking for more business-oriented options for your business? We also have blogs on the Instagram Creator Account and How to Partner with Your Favorite Social Media Platforms.
Written by Samantha Hughes