10 Things Every Business Website Needs in 2023
10 Things Every Business Website Needs
Search anywhere online and you will find awful web design is all over the internet. And we’re not just talking visuals. There are many other elements besides how your website looks that go into making it customer-friendly – not to mention something that inspires them to actually do business with you. User Experience (or UX) and other factors are paramount to achieve sales and retain customers. So, let’s dive into 10 Things Every Business Website Needs to effectively help you grow in 2023 and beyond.
1. Choose a Simple & Easy to Search Domain Name or Address
Don’t complicate things. Your domain name is like your brand, so make it easy for users to type or search online. I recommend using a .com domain name, as users are conditioned to type that extension. Avoid dashes and numbers, as they can cause confusion for customers. Make it easy for users to find your website by not only including relevant names, but also avoiding confusing terms or hard-to-spell words.
There are plenty of domain hosting providers available, and some are very popular. Make sure you pick the right domain and renew hosting at least yearly. Another option is to have the domain hosting service packaged together with an SaaS platform like Shopify, Wix, or Squarespace. Make the process of hosting & renewing easier by packaging together the domain hosting and web design on the same platform.
2. Essential for SEO: Optimized Core Pages & Branded Content
Visitors to your website shouldn’t have to try and figure out what you do. State your name and give a concise summary of your products or services right on the homepage. Make it crystal clear. This will grab the visitor’s attention within seconds and encourage them to stay on your website longer. Each of these pages should be optimized for search engines, meaning not only optimizing metadata, but also maximizing keyword use and images, so not only its help with SEO, it improves UX (User Experience).
Here is a list of Core Pages among the Things Every Business Website Needs
- Keep a Well-Organized Welcome Page with easy to find business information, details, images, featured products or services.
- Make sure main menu is visible and simple for user to navigate.
- Include clear Call to Actions on header and other sections.
- Have a clear brand story and what it sells
- Have a Service List or Product Collection on The Homepage.
- Include social icons that include social linked (read more below).
- Add Customer Reviews & Testimonials to gain instant trust.
- Have a footer with logo, contact info, quicklins to core pages & seach.
- Services and Products
- Make it Easy for User to Find What You Sell.
- Include Individual Pages for Each and Every Service & Products Offered by Your Business for Improved UX & SEO.
- Have Professional Product Photos and Original Images on all Content Pages.
- Service Area or Store Location(s) Pages
- Always include a page where user can easily find either your single rock & mortar store, your multiple locations, a local shop or service are. If you have many location, a plugin may be necessary, but most web design platforms offer Google Map integrations for easy navigation.
- If you have a list of multiple service areas or business locations, we recommend adding service area pages with SEO so you can rank locally for the products and services your business provides.
- About Us Page
- This is pretty simple and straightforward. Create a pges with text information where you share with old and new users alike your business’ story, mission, vision, brand details with precise tone and/or personality.
- Make sure to include images and information about founders whenever possible. Showing original content photography here is key in allowing new user to get acquainted with your business and brand.
- Contact Page
- Make sure your contact information is prominently displayed, preferably at the top left or top right corner of the homepage. Include contact details on every page, such as in the footer or sidebar.
- Offer multiple ways for visitors to contact you, including phone, email, and address.
- Have a contact form.
3. Easy-to-Navigate Site Map, Main Menu & Footer
Ensure your navigation is well-organized and easy to find. Use dropdown menus so visitors can see the content under each heading from any page. Make it effortlessly easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for. Keep pages on the main menu easy to find, and add subcategories or drop downs to further expand navigation from the main menu without having a lot of elements. The limit number of elements on the main menu should be kept at a maximum of 6.
Make sure the main site menu is compatible with mobile devices. Mostly, the menu should be expandable on mobile, so that websites on small screens do not overwhelm visitors.
Additionally, having a footer menu is important to easily navigate your site and improve UX. Keep the following elements on the footer for better web design and navigation:
- Business Name
- Phone Number with Link to Call
- Email with Link to Address
- Quicklinks Including Main Core Pages
- Small Contact Form
4. A Newsletter Subscription Pop Up Is Among The Things Every Business Website Needs
Don’t lose potential customers because they can’t complete a form, purchase a product, or book a service. Instead, take advantage of their visit by having a pop-up plugin so new users can provide you simply with their email address to stay updated on sales and updates.
Having an email sign-up pop-up also can help you create customized audiences for Facebook Ads & Google Ads. Just export the email list and upload it to advertising platforms! Customized audiences are one of the best tools when either re-marketing or using lookalike audiences to grow sales online.
5. Include Customer Testimonials and/or Reviews
Honest testimonials from others make your products or services more tangible and trustworthy to potential customers. They help build trust and allow shoppers to confirm whether your offerings meet their needs. People love hearing stories from real people, so let others do the talking for you. Most web design platforms include Google Business Profile integrations so that you can show off those well-earned 5-star reviews on your business website as a carousel.
6. Clear And Repeated Call To Actions
Tell your online visitors exactly what you want them to do, whether it’s calling for a free quote, signing up for online coupons, online booking, or adding products to their cart. Make your call to action clear and use special buttons or highlighted text to draw attention to it. Repeat this on every page and multiple sections whenever possible. This is a list of simple Call To Action samples to use when looking for the things every business website needs:
- View Products
- Explore Services
- Book Service
- Book Online
- Call Now
- Get Free Quote
- Learn More
7. Apply SEO Basics to All Pages & Metadata
Make sure your website is accessible to search engines, including mapping your pages so bots can crawl them. You can learn to create a sitemap here. Then submit your sitemap to Google Search Console and other search engines. Mapping is an important part of SEO.
Optimize Metadata on all pages so that search engines rank your content and it is displayed correctly on search results. This includes using the right keywords, including links, naming page titles and URLs correctly, have headline tags (H tags), include short page description, and incorporating images and videos with alt text.
Learn the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) to improve your website’s visibility and how to Map Websites here. SEO is one of the top things every business website needs. Contact our experienced SEO experts here.
8. Add Fresh, Quality Blog Content
Your website is often the first impression customers have of your business, so give them what they’re looking for. Make sure your content is original, well-written, and valuable. Regularly update your content through a blog or by connecting your social media feeds to keep it fresh and interesting. Good blog content is amog the things every business website needs to improve UX & SEO.
9. Updated & Secure SSL Certificate
Ensure your user’s online information is secure. This improves customer trust and improves chances of conversion. Choose a reliable hosting company or SaaS Provider to keep your content safe from hackers and payment information encrypted. Regularly update your content management system to stay one step ahead of potential threats. Learn more about SSL certificates and how to get them here.
10. Always Keep Good UX Design & Style
Online visitors tend to scan through web pages before deciding if they’re worth reading fully. The longer a visit stays on your website, better the chances of that user completing a conversion event. For longer page view times, improved web design & better UX, your business website should include:
- Dynamic Elements & Animations,
- Have an Updated & Modern Template
- Clear Call To Action and Buttons
- Include Embedded Videos
- Make Shopping Simple
- Keep Payment Proces Safe
- Have Social Links
- Update Content & Images Seasonally
- Offer Sales, Promos, News or Current Events
- Include Original Lifestyle Photo Content
Improve User Experience and therefore sales & leads by designing a website easy to navigate. Organize your content on a concise main menu and optimize your content for scanning by using headings, bullet points, and concise paragraphs. Grab their attention and make it easy for them to skim through your content. UX is most definitely a priority between the things every business website needs.
Conclusion: Why Apply Things Every Business Website Needs?
By incorporating these essential elements into your business website, you’ll create a customer-friendly online presence that not only attracts visitors but also encourages them to engage and do business with you. If you want to grow sales, increase leads & conversion learn more about the things every business website needs by following this simple 10-step guide.